Legacy Academy believes our task is set forth in Proverbs 22:6, “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.” Legacy Academy desires for each of its students to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. We recognize the spiritual walk of a child is of utmost importance.
A child’s education is a partnership between the home, the church, and the school, with each playing a vital role in the upbringing of the child. For this partnership to be effective, it is necessary for parents to live and model Christian lives. We ask that parents and staff always be conscious of their critical role of instilling Christian principles into each student’s life.
Legacy Academy recognizes that education is a lifelong process. We encourage each of our students to seek higher educational opportunities after completing high school. Legacy Academy desires to prepare students to achieve academic excellence by providing a learning environment with a Christ-centered perspective. “Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity (1Timothy 4:12).”
In partnering with the child’s family and church, it is our role to prepare, train, and equip its students with the spiritual, academic, emotional, physical and social tools to make a difference for God throughout their lives. Open channels of communication and involvement are extremely important for the total well-being of the student.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 states, “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.” As a discipleship school, we seek to build on the foundation of Jesus Christ and instill in students the ability to defend their faith, as well as their Lord and Master, when called upon to do so. Since we are a discipleship school, we acknowledge that Christian parents desire their children to be firmly grounded in God’s Word and in basic skills. Therefore, we require each family to be attending a Bible-believing church. Every subject will be taught with the consciousness that all truth is God’s truth and that Jesus Christ is central to all learning and living. The ultimate goal is that students grow in their relationship with Jesus and become conformed to the image of Jesus Christ (Romans 8:29).
Legacy Academy seeks parents that share the same values, enthusiasm, and love for learning and Jesus Christ that we do. We ask that if you wish to call Legacy Academy your child’s school, you support us fully in our beliefs, discipline, day-to-day practices, and procedures. We believe the only way to educate your child successfully is to partner with you, the parent. If any disharmony exists between the school and the parent(s), the student's success becomes at risk. The attitudes of both the parents and the student should be one of positive and enthusiastic support.
- Educate with a Biblical Worldview
- Incorporate the viable triangle of learning that will include the student, parent, and teacher
- Inspire a love for lifelong learning
- Promote the inclusion of parents in the learning process
- Incorporate hands-on application for students
- Set out clear and understandable discipline guidelines
- Ensure a safe environment for optimum learning
- Security-minded, competent, Christian staff members
TENETS OF FAITH
- In the absolute truth of the Bible (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- Jesus is God’s Son. (Luke 1:35)
- He was born of a virgin. (Matthew 1:23)
- He died for our sins. (1 Corinthians 15:3)
- He arose from the dead. (Matthew 28:6)
- Man must accept Jesus Christ as their Savior to receive eternal life. (Romans 10:9-10)
- In the Trinity; the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (1 John 5:7)
- In water baptism by immersion (Romans 6:3-7)
- In the gifts of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12)
- Marriage is between one man and one woman. (Genesis 2:22 and Matthew 19:4-6)
- Sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, living together outside of marriage, homosexual behavior, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. (Matt 15:18-20; 1 Cor 6:9-10, Hebrew 13:4)
- Biological sex and gender identity are permanently determined at birth. (Genesis 1:27)
South Campus Gated Entrance
South Campus Main Building
South Campus Playground
North Campus Flagpoles
North Campus Cafe
North Campus Sanctuary
North Campus High School Hallway
North Campus High School Lounge
North Campus High Science Lab
North Campus Classroom
North Campus Gymnasium
Check out our latest sermons, stream church service live or see other videos and podcasts.