At Legacy Church we are committed to reaching the lost, changing lives, and most importantly, changing eternities. To help us achieve our Pastor's vision, we are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team and make a real difference in our world.
Academic Support Specialist - Grades 2-12 (Legacy Academy)
The Academic Support Specialist will support the academic success of
students adversely affected and academically behind due to recent lapses
and failures in public and/or online education. This role will provide
individual and group tutoring and academic coaching. The Academic
Support Specialist will facilitate significant gains in learning and
achievement to bring students to a level on par with grade level peers who
are using the Bob Jones curriculum. The Specialist is also responsible for
assessing and reporting progress to parents and administration.
- Provide academic coaching and support to students adversely
affected by public and/or remote education.
2. Provide individual and group tutoring assistance to students,
including, but not limited to, subject-specific content and study skills.
3. Plan, design, and conduct intensive tutoring that facilitates learning,
and provide academic support for students to be able to achieve and
perform at grade level, while empowering students to become active
and engaged learners.
4. Prepare and conduct tutoring-program evaluations, and assess
5. Collect data and generate reports that will assist in the evaluation of
student-outcome assessment, and report required information as
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in education or related field required. Master’s
2. One year of full-time experience teaching or tutoring.
1. Master’s degree in education or related field.
2. Bilingual applicants preferred.
3. Identifying students who may need additional support (such as
special-education services) to succeed in school.
4. Coordinating tutoring services with teachers and other staff members.
5. Administering tests to assess student progress.
6. Providing one-on-one tutoring to students in subjects such as math,
reading, and science.
Check out our latest sermons or see other videos and podcasts.