At Legacy Church we are committed to reaching the lost, changing lives, and most importantly, changing eternities. To help us achieve our Pastor's vision, we are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team and make a real difference in our world.
Steelbridge - Fundraising Assistant
Steelbridge - Fundraising Assistant
Job Summary for Fundraising Assistant:
This is a critical role in providing administrative support to the Director of Development and our growing organization.
The successful candidate will provide administrative support, as it relates to all aspects of the organization's Development and Fundraising efforts. This includes creating, organizing, supporting, recording and executing all aspects of development, fundraising activities, and special events, including Volunteer events, Galas, Golf Outings, Impact Report, Annual Appeal, and Monthly Campaigns.
This job requires some after-hours/weekend work for special events, but will fall within the 40 hours allotted for the work week. During an event, you must be available onsite to assist with executing events from start to finish.
Your Qualities as a Fundraising Assistant:
- A positive, can-do attitude is a must.
- Excellent, thoughtful written & verbal communication, active listener.
- Strong interpersonal communication and networking skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Diligent — you consistently exhibit disciplined care for your work & assigned goals.
- Exceptional time-management skills, attention to detail and upcoming deadlines.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, with evolving priorities, managing multiple projects at once.
- Ability to work independently and work effectively in a team environment.
- Coachable — willing to accept feedback and grow.
- Passionate, dedicated, and invested.
Major Responsibilities for Fundraising Assistant:
- Your job will entail interaction — phone, email and in-person with prospects and donors on a regular basis.
- Supporting the Director of Development with all aspects of Fundraising, including but not limited to: fundraising/campaign mailings, development materials, marketing, social media, online marketing, press releases, volunteer events, etc.
- Donor Management & Relations: sending out timely donor acknowledgement letters, maintaining the Donor Database, gift management and tracking.
- Recruiting volunteers for upcoming events and procuring raffles, raffle baskets.
- Assisting before, during, and after events.
- Attending all events.
- You must have fast and accurate data entry skills, and knowledge of MS Office products including Excel, Word, Power Point, and Canva.
- Knowledge of social media platforms is required.
- Assisting the Director of Development to accurately report income and expenses for all fundraising activities in a timely manner — past and present. Diligence with expense reporting, as we operate within department budget compliance.
- Collaborate with our Director of Development to help support public-facing opportunities.
- To attend, participate, and contribute to the daily and weekly meetings.
- Other duties as assigned to main responsibilities.
Requirements for Fundraising Assistant:
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Outlook needed. Proficiency in Excel is a must. Listed below will help define level of proficiencies needed:
- Ability to transform data using Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, INDEX/MATCH, COUNTIF, and other built-in functions.
- Use filters and subtotal functions to format data for presentations.
- Use Excel’s formatting features to apply specific fonts, styles, colors, and other visually appealing formatting styles to spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of database software and social media platforms.
- Communications or Public Relations (highly preferred) OR comparable experience.
- Some experience in fundraising, special-events planning, and securing donors for an organization or nonprofit organization is a must.
- Driver’s License is a must!
Job Type/Schedule for Fundraising Assistant:
- Full-time — Monday-Friday 8:00 AM-4:00 PM
- Some weekends are required, but will fall within the 40 hours allotted for the work week.
- Health insurance.
- Paid time off.
- Fundraising: 1 year (preferred).
- High proficiency in Excel a must!
- Experience in data base software helpful.
Work Location: In person.
Check out our latest sermons, stream church service live or see other videos and podcasts.